A 22lb 1oz common from Taswood

A 22lb 1oz common from Taswood
A 22lb 1oz common from Taswood

Friday 18 February 2011

2nd trip to Blickling

What a difference a few days make. Arrived at 8.30am to find no wind and a flat calm lake. Decided to fish the dam wall, set rods up same as on Monday and cast them out.
An hour went by without a bite, plenty of small taps on the tips which I put down to roach pulling on the pellet.
Another hour went by, at last a steady pull round, resulted in a skimmer about 1/2lb.
The wind started to pick up a little bit but it was blowing east, coming across the lake from slightly behind me but not strong enough to cause any ripple.
I now knew this was going to be a hard days fishing, the only thing moving was the pike, several of them working the edge of the reeds and out in front of me.
Decided to call it a day at 2pm as there was not a lot happening, ended up with 5 bream and the skimmer.
Will have to go back again soon as Blikling closes to fishing on the 27th Feb and doesn't reopen till the 25th June.
Think I will take the pike gear as well with me next time at least if the bream aren't playing I can try the pike lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment