A 22lb 1oz common from Taswood

A 22lb 1oz common from Taswood
A 22lb 1oz common from Taswood

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Blickling Hall Estate Lake

Arrived at around 9am to find a gentle south westerly wind blowing straight up the lake so decided to set up facing the wind. I set up my 2 quivertips both the same with a 21gram inline method feeder to a size12 wide gape barbless to 3lb line. I decided to put a hair rig on one rod.
Was using 6mm trout pellet & 3mm green betaine pellet mixed and scorched on feeders and 6mm s-pellet on hook and hair.
Cast my lines out about 30yards and clipped them both up.
First few cast went without a bite, after about an hour I got my first bream of the day, the usual size of around the 4lb mark. Moulded more pellet on feeder and cast out again.
Another 30mins went by without a bite, the wind however was now starting to pick up and creating a good ripple on the water. Then round went the tip, strike and into another bream. Bites came pretty steadily after that and I stayed right up to around 3pm. Got a bit manic at times with two rods pulling round at once but persevered and was glad I did.
I ended the day with my best bream haul in ages, grand total of 27 bream all between 4 - 5lb.
There were a few others fishing but 1 other person managed to catch, he was one of the season ticket holders and he struggled, only managing 6 bream and coule of roach.
Shall look forward to my next venture now.

1 comment:

  1. nice angling mate dont get many ton plus bream bags round here that often

    ReplyDelete